|No. 1 Duke vs. No. 3 Gonzaga
|When: Nov. 21 | 5:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Lahaina Civic Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live:Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 1 Duke and No. 3 Gonzaga will square off Wednesday in the championship game of the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational at the Lahaina Civic Center.
- The game will be just the 12th in AP poll history involving top-3 ranked teams in November. Duke has been in four of those games (most in poll history) and is 3-1.
- The Blue Devils are looking for their sixth Maui Invitational title (in six trips) and 20th in-season tournament title under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Duke is 94-16 (.855) when playing in-season tournaments under Coach K.
- Duke and Gonzaga are two of three teams to achieve 25 or more wins in each of the last 11 seasons (Kansas). These two teams are two of the five winningest over the last decade.
- Duke is ranked No. 1 this week for the second straight week, extending its record to 136 weeks ranked No. 1 all-time. UCLA is second at 134.
- The Blue Devils’ four freshmen are each averaging double-digit points in the Maui Invitational, led by freshman RJ Barrett’s 19.0 ppg. Duke has five players averaging four or more rebounds per game in Maui.
- Freshman Tre Jones has opened his Duke career with 30 assists against six turnovers in his first five games. He has assisted on 20 percent of Duke’s made FGs this season.
- Duke improved to 17-0 all-time at the Lahaina Civic Center and its five Maui titles (1992, 1992, 2001, 2007, 2011) are the most in the tournament’s history.
Duke and Gonzaga have met just three times, with the Blue Devils winning all three meetings…Each of the games have come on neutral courts, with Duke winning twice at Madison Square Garden (2006 and 2009) and in the 2015 Elite Eight in Houston…Against teams from the West Coast Conference, Duke is 14-2 all-time.
Duke in Hawaii
Duke is 25-3 all-time when playing in the state of Hawaii, including 17-0 in Maui Invitational games…In addition to its five Maui titles, the Blue Devils won the 1989 Rainbow Classic in Honolulu.
On This Date
Duke is 8-2 when playing on November 21st, including 2-0 at home and 6-2 at neutral sites…Three of those games on this date have come in Maui, with Duke beating Ball State, 83-71, in 2001, Marquette, 77-73, in 2007 and Tennessee, 77-67, in 2011.