|No. 2 Duke vs. St. John's
|When: Feb. 2 | 12:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live:Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 2 Duke steps out of conference play for the final time this regular season, welcoming St. John’s to Cameron Indoor Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
- The Blue Devils have won 146 consecutive non-conference home games -- the longest active streak in the NCAA. Duke last dropped a non-conference home game on February 26, 2000 -- 83-82 to St. John’s.
- Duke has won four straight overall and in a three-way tie atop at the ACC at 7-1 -- it marks the Blue Devils’ best ACC start since beginning the 2010-11 season 12-1.
- RJ Barrett, who leads the ACC in scoring at 23.6 points, needs 30 points to reach 10th place on the single-season Duke freshman scoring list. He’s 223 points shy of Marvin Bagley III’s freshman record 694 points.
- Barrett is this week’s ACC Freshman of the Week, earning the award for the third time this season. He averaged 25.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals in a pair of ACC wins last week over Pitt and Georgia Tech.
- Zion Williamson -- the nation’s only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .600+ from the field -- is second in the ACC in scoring at 22.0. He and Barrett are the only teammates each averaging 20.0+ points this season.
- Tre Jones is the nation’s only player averaging 5.0+ assists (5.56), 2.0+ steals (2.0) with a 5.0+ assist-turnover ratio (5.56). His assist-turnover ratio is second nationally.
- Duke completed the month of January with a 7-1 record, its best record in the month of January since going 7-1 in the 2008-09 season.
Duke vs. St. John's
Duke leads the series 16-7 and has two of the last three and nine of the last 11…The Red Storm knocked off the Blue Devils last season at a sold-out Madison Square Garden, 81-77, behind 33 points from Shamorie Ponds…Duke has won six consecutive home games in the series and leads the series at Cameron Indoor, 6-1…The 83-82 victory by St. John’s at Cameron Indoor on February 26, 2000 was the Blue Devils’ last home loss to a non-conference team.
Non-Conference Home Win Streak
Duke has won an NCAA-best 146 consecutive non-conference home games. Duke’s last home loss against a non-conference foe was an 83-82 decision against St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000…Duke has also won 137 straight games at Cameron against unranked non-conference opponents (also dating back to the 83-82 loss to St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000)…Duke’s 146-game streak has featured 88 different opponents with nine ranked in Top 25.
Frosh Duo Sets ACC Mark
Freshmen RJ Barrett (16 games) and Zion Williamson (13) have combined to score 20 or more points in an ACC freshman record 29 games this season…The duo shattered the previous record of 23 set by Florida State’s Dwayne Bacon (12) and Malik Beasley (11) in 2016…Duke freshman teammates Marvin Bagley III (17) and Gary Trent Jr. (five) accomplished it 22 times last season, with Bagley (17) and Wendell Carter Jr. (four) combining for 21…Barrett (16) and Williamson (13) lead the ACC in most 20-point games this season, with Barrett leading the conference in 30-point games (four)…Williamson has set the Duke freshman record for most 25-point games (nine), with Barrett tied for second (eight).
Duke 4-0 in Road ACC Games
Duke has won its first four ACC road games this season, opening 4-0 away from home in conference play for the first time since the 2011-12 season…That season, Duke went undefeated on the road in ACC play on its way to a 13-3 league record…Duke is league’s only team undefeated on the road in ACC play this season.
Best ACC Start Since 1990-91
Duke’s 7-1 start to ACC play is the team’s best record through eight games since 2010-11, and its 11th start of 7-1 or better through eight games since the 1990-91 season…Seven of those previous starts resulted in a win or share of the ACC regular season title.