|No. 3 Duke vs. Indiana
|When: Nov. 27 | 9:30 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live:Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 3 Duke and Indiana clash Tuesday night at Cameron Indoor Stadium in the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- The teams are meeting in this event for the third time in four years, with Duke taking the previous two. Overall, Duke has won four straight in the series and leads the all-time series 6-3.
- The Blue Devils are 17-2 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, the best record among either conference (by five games) and have won six straight in the Challenge.
- Freshman RJ Barrett leads the ACC in scoring (22.8), while classmate Zion Williamson paces the conference in field goal percentage (.653) and blocked shots (2.7), is second in rebounding (9.5) and third in scoring (20.7).
- With Barrett and Williamson, Duke is the only power conference school to have multiple players averaging 20.0+ points per game.
- Freshman Tre Jones leads the ACC in total assists (33) and assist-turnover ratio (4.13). His 4.13 ratio is best among any freshman point guard in power conferences.
- Duke has scored 78+ points in each game this season, and the team’s 91.8 points per game average is ninth in the NCAA.
- The Blue Devils remain ranked No. 1 in KenPom’s overall efficiency. Duke and Kansas are the only schools currently ranked in the top 10 of KenPom’s offensive and defensive efficiency.
ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Duke’s 17-2 record in the 19-year history of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is the best record for either conference, and the Blue Devils are on a Challenge-best six-game winning streak...The Blue Devils have won each of their eight previous home games in the annual event. The Blue Devils are 4-0 versus Indiana in the Challenge...Indiana is 7-10 in the Challenge (2-6 in away games)...As a conference, the ACC is 12-5-2 and has won two straight overall Challenges against the Big Ten...Kyrie Irving’s 31 points versus Michigan State in 2010 stand as the Duke scoring record in the Challenge. See page 11 for a full list of Duke records in the Challenge.
On This Date
Duke is 14-0 when playing on November 27th, including 2-0 in ACC/Big Ten Challenge games on this date...Five of Duke’s wins on this date have come over ranked opponents...The Blue Devils last played on this date in 2013 -- a 74-64 win over Alabama in the NIT Season Tip-Off at MSG.
Duke vs. Indiana
Storied programs Duke and Indiana have met nine times with the Blue Devils holding a 6-3 series lead...This will be the Hoosiers third visit to Cameron Indoor Stadium, where Duke won back-to-back ACC/Big Ten Challenge games over IU in 2006 and 2015...Duke has won four consecutive games in the series, including last year’s classic at Assembly Hall -- a 91-81 victory behind 23 points from Marvin Bagley III.
Non-Conference Home Win Streak
Duke has won an NCAA-best 141 consecutive non-conference home games...Duke’s last home loss against a non-conference foe was an 83-82 decision against St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000...Duke has also won 133 straight games at Cameron against unranked non-conference opponents (also dating back to the 83-82 loss to St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000).
Duke has sold out 440 consecutive games at Cameron Indoor Stadium...The last time Duke did not have a sellout at home was on Nov. 16, 1990, against Boston College...The sellout figure is the longest current streak (by time) in either men’s college basketball or the NBA.