|No. 3 Duke vs No. 2 UNC
|When: Mar. 15 | 9:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Spectrum Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live:Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- Third-seeded Duke battles second-seeded North Carolina Friday night in the semifinals of the 66th New York ACC Tournament with a spot in Saturday’s title game on the line.
- The Blue Devils and Tar Heels are meeting for the 251st time in the series overall, for the 23rd time in the ACC Tournament and in the tournament for the third consecutive season.
- The Blue Devils’ 20 ACC Championships lead the conference, while their 101 ACC Tournament wins are tied for the most.
- Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 63-23 all-time in the ACC Tournament with 14 titles. Duke has won 11 of the last 22 ACC titles and is 46-11 in the tournament in that span.
- Freshman Zion Williamson enters the North Carolina game having made 19 consecutive field goals -- one shy of tying the ACC record (20) set by Duke’s Alaa Abdelnaby in 1989.
- Williamson was 13-of-13 from the field against Syracuse, setting both a Duke and ACC single-game record for accuracy, and tying the overall ACC game record.
- Williamson is the nation’s only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .650+ from the field.
- Freshman RJ Barrett, who holds the ACC single-season freshman scoring record with 747 points, leads the ACC in scoring at 23.3 points. He is the only major conference player to score 13+ points in every game this season.
- Barrett (23.4) and Williamson (21.9) are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20.0+ points in a season.